Simple Cheesy Italian Baked Ziti. It's a lot like a classic lasagna casserole, but easier to make and without lots of layers or broken noodles. It makes for a perfect Ziti is a pretty common pasta shape in most areas, but you can substitute penne pasta if you can't find it. You want a substantial short pasta shape with.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining mozzarella. A classic American-Italian recipe the whole family will love. I grew up with my mom making baked ziti all the time. You can cook Simple Cheesy Italian Baked Ziti using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Cheesy Italian Baked Ziti
- You need 1 box of Garden Rotini Noodles (or whatever noodles you like).
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Chuck.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic Clove chopped finely.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 large of Bell Pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sweet Basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s of Lawry's Season All Salt.
- It’s of Lawry's Garlic Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 4 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- It’s 2 can of Chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of Basil and onion Spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1 can of Tomato Paste.
- You need 2 cup of Italian cheese blend.
It's simple, easy to throw together, AND the whole family loves it. This is a great dinner when you are running short on. Baked Ziti is a savory, cheesy Italian classic that is worthy of dinner parties or a quick weeknight meal! Just make sure to make a big batch because it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Simple Cheesy Italian Baked Ziti step by step
- Pre-heat oven to bake at 375°.
- Spray cooking pan with non stick spray and set to the side..
- Bring water to boil for noodles. Once water is hot, add noodles and cook until tender..
- Mix all spices, onion, bell pepper, garlic, ground beef and ground Chuck together. Mix thoroughly before Browning meat..
- Brown meat. Once meat is Brown set to side..
- Mix Italian blend cheese, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese with the meat in a large bowl..
- Once cheese has been added, then add the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and tomato paste to the meat. Stir together thoroughly..
- Add meat mix to baking pan in its entirety. Add noodles and then mix the meat with the noodles until all ingredients are blended together..
- Add mozzarella cheese to the top of the bake. (I add some extra sprinkles of oregano as well).
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes to an hour, depending upon how Brown you prefer your cheese..
You just want a shape that can hold some sauce and cheese!! It is a fast and simple meal to throw together on a busy night! Ultimate Italian Baked Ziti creamy casserole with a homemade meat sauce, super EASY to make and super cheesy (three cheeses!) filling in under an hour. Baked ziti is lasagna's delicious cousin and a long-time favorite comfort food. Because of the savory richness of the cheese, meat and sauce it's.