Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread.
You can cook Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread using 12 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread
- Prepare 1.5 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s 1 Cup of Gram Flour (Besan).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Vital Wheat Gluten Flour (optional but recommended, if not using, then replace with whole wheat flour).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Milk Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Instant Dry Yeast.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1/2-1 Cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of linseed (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chia seed (optional).
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil to brush the dough.
Whole Wheat & Gram Flour (Besan) Bread step by step
- Mix all the flour and milk powder. Add salt as per your taste (I added about 1 tsp).
- Add oil and mix it in the flour with hands..
- Add linseed if you are using it..
- Soak chia seeds in 1/4 cup of water and leave it for 5 min. Once seeds are puffed up, add them (along with water) to the flour and mix lightly..
- For yeast activation take 1/2 cup warm water. Make sure the water is just warm and not hot (to test that, dip your finger in the water. If it is comfortable and does not feel burning, then it's optimum temperature). Mix sugar and yeast in the water and keep it for 5-10 min, till it begins to foam. If it does not, then your yeast is expired and won't work..
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and mix it..
- Warm the milk to room temperature..
- Start kneading the dough by adding milk in little quantity at a time and only as much as needed. You can knead by hand or use an electric mixer. It will take about 10 min of kneading..
- Keep dough in a container and apply a layer of oil and cover it with a tea/kitchen towel. Now keep the container at a slightly warm place for yeast to rise. As an alternative, you can heat water in a bowl in microwave for 2 min and then keep the container there..
- It should take about 45 – 60 min for dough to rise to double of it's size..
- Punch down the dough and knead for a few minutes by hands..
- Take a bread tin and brush it with oil.
- Roll the dough to flatten it to about 1/2 inch thickness..
- Fold it on both the sides with narrow edge on top and wide edge at the bottom with bottom edge being slightly narrow than the length of bread tin. Pinch down the edges of the fold..
- Start folding it from top and after every single roll pinch all the edges making sure to leave no air pocket (This is a very important step to get the bread shape correct.).
- Keep folding it till you reach the end. Pinch down all the edges and give it a nice cylindrical shape..
- Place it in the bread tin with the seamed side down and smooth side up, apply a layer of oil, cover the dough and leave it to rise for another 45-60 min at a slightly warm place. It should double up in its size..
- Pre heat the over to 180C (fan assisted), place the tin on middle rack. If you have a bread tin with lid, then keep the lid on for first 20 min and then take it off..
- After 30 min, take the tin out of the oven. After 5 min, take the bread out of the tin and let it cool down on a wire rack for about an hour..
- Once cooled down, slice it or use any other way you want..
- Enjoy the wholesome goodness :).