My Mom's Summer Pasta Salad. My mom has been making this summer pasta salad recipe for as long as I can remember. It's my go-to potluck dish for summer get togethers and a perfect side dish for any BBQ. In our Italian home, pasta has always been such a comfort food.
Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Toss in all chopped ingredients you have in with pasta. It's officially (finally!) summer cookout and potluck season. You can have My Mom's Summer Pasta Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Mom's Summer Pasta Salad
- Prepare 1/2 box of Rotini noodles, (I used tri-colored) cooked as instructed on box. Do not overcook!.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped tomato.
- It’s 1 cup of Sliced green olives.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced black olives.
- You need 1 cup of Diced celery.
- You need 3/4 cup of Chopped onion (more or less, as desired) If you prefer, you can leave it out..
- Prepare 1 cup of Your favorite Italian dressing.*** Add more if desired!.
- You need 2 of Packets of Splenda or 4 tsp. sugar.
- You need 1 of Fresh ground black pepper to taste!.
That's actually one of my favorite parts of the summer months, having friends and family over to enjoy time together and eat. It's especially nice when we get together with friends who also have kids so that our kids can. This is the pasta salad that my mom makes. It's even better the day after.
My Mom's Summer Pasta Salad step by step
- Boil your noodles as directed on box. Do not overcook! Drain..
- Add veggies to pasta in large bowl..
- Add Italian dressing and Splenda or sugar and ground pepper..
- Mix well, chill and enjoy!.
- Add more dressing the next day as needed, if put in the fridge overnight!.
I love pasta salad but never really made my own until this recipe. Since making the original recipe I have View image. Summer Pasta Salad II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The ultimate in light, convenience cooking, pasta salad is the ideal take-along for workplace lunches and weekend picnics. Delish editors handpick every product we feature.