Italian Orange Almond Cake.
You can have Italian Orange Almond Cake using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Orange Almond Cake
- You need 1 box of or can, almond paste (7-8 ounce quantity) They've recently changed the packaging..
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Orange liquor – ie, Grand Marnier or Cointreau.
- Prepare 1 of grated zest of a whole orange.
- It’s 5 large of eggs, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of presifted flour, or cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of or more, confectioners sugar for dusting.
Italian Orange Almond Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325° while preparing recipe. Make sure rack is in middle of oven..
- Generously butter and flour a 9″ cake pan or a 9″ spring form pan. Set aside. (Not on top of oven.).
- It is absolutely necessary that the butter and eggs are at room temperature. Don't heat butter to soften..
- Break up almond paste by placing it into a food processor, or using an electric mini chopster. Process until it is grainy like the texture of small course grains. Set aside..
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy for 3 minutes..
- Add orange liquor, orange zest (HINT: sprinkle the zest across, do not add in one lump) and almond paste. Beat until perfectly blended for 3 minutes..
- One by one add in eggs incorporating each separately until each egg is completely blended. Then beat for 3 minutes until mixture is very smooth and fluffy. HINT: break eggs into small glass bowl to make sure there are no egg shell fragments..
- Sprinkle on flour and baking powder mix by hand until blended then beat for 1 minute..
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in middle of rack..
- Bake for 55 minutes exactly. No more, no less..
- Here's the hard part! DO NOT OPEN OVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! RESIST ALL TEMPTATION TO CHECK ON CAKE. If you have a window, check that way. Towards the end of cook time you may think it's burning but it's not..
- Remove from oven to wire rack and cool for 15 minutes. Cake will have already slightly pulled away from sides and center could deflate a bit..
- After 15 minutes if using a spring form, remove outer ring. If using a cake pan, turn cake upside down onto a plate then invert back onto the wire rack..
- Allow the cake to cool completely. You can refrigerate the cake over night. DO NOT wrap in saran/plastic wrap. Lightly wrap in wax paper. Allow cake to come to room temperature before dusting with powdered sugar..
- Before dusting with powdered sugar consider using, or making, a stencil to create a beautiful design. It will make them think you got the cake from a bakery..