Country Fried Corn with Fresh Garlic. Fresh corn on the cob is shucked, scraped and fried in a cast iron skillet with flavorful bacon drippings and sugar for the most delicious side to serve all summer!! Different from my Southern Corn Pudding, you will love this side especially with my Skirt Steak with Chimichurri and my Smothered Pork Chops. Southern Fried Corn – classic Southern corn dish fried in bacon drippings with garlic, onions, paprika and creole seasoning and top with bacon bits for an extremely heavenly easy side dish!
Three kinds of cheese and tons of fresh garlic make this truly the best cheesy garlic bread recipe ever! Homemade Garlic Bread beats store bought any day! Use only fresh corn for best results. You can make Country Fried Corn with Fresh Garlic by using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it:
Ingredients of Country Fried Corn with Fresh Garlic
- It’s 10 ears of fresh corn on cob.
- You need 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley chopped or 2 Tbsp dried.
- You need 1 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
The combination of sweet fresh corn, bacon fat, and a seasoned cast iron skillet will blow your mind! Did I mention that it is very easy to prepare and make? Let me know down in the comment section below, what would you serve this Southern Fried Corn with? I had mine with Smothered Chicken and.
Country Fried Corn with Fresh Garlic instructions
- Shuck and clean ears of corn..
- Cut kernels off cob. Invert a bowl inside the skillet to make it easier to cut the kernels off..
- Take knife blade and press at top of cob and run down cob to extract the starches. This helps thicken the corn..
- If you have a garlic press, press the fresh garlic cloves through and set aside. Or finely chop with knife..
- Add butter, finely minced garlic, salt and pepper. Cool over medium heat stirring occasionally to keep from sticking..
- Corn cooks quickly so should be done in 20 minutes. Sprinkle with more parsley. Ready to serve..
- If you like cream style corn, at this point stir in 1/2 cup cream and 2 additional tbsp butter and heat through. Enjoy.
Country-Fried Corn is cooked in bacon drippings and is a delicious sweet, salty, and creamy southern side dish. There's maybe no better way to enjoy fresh summer corn than Country-Fried Corn. It's the perfect accompaniment to fried chicken or pork chops and has long been a southern favorite. Once the corn is done, you brush it with the prepared garlic butter, that you can find how to make in the recipe. If you'd like to add flavor, the garlic butter is a great way to do so.