20 Minute Pasta w/ Bacon Tomato Sauce for 2.
You can cook 20 Minute Pasta w/ Bacon Tomato Sauce for 2 using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 20 Minute Pasta w/ Bacon Tomato Sauce for 2
- You need 8 oz. of angel hair pasta (you could also use spaghetti or spaghettini) boiled al dente.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of (or so) can tomatoes, with the liquid (whole or chopped is fine).
- It’s 4 strips of bacon, sliced into 1/2" strips.
- It’s 6-7 sprigs of parsley, chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 of a medium onion, very thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or thinly sliced.
- You need 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil (or whatever cooking oil you have on hand).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
20 Minute Pasta w/ Bacon Tomato Sauce for 2 instructions
- Bring the oil to medium high heat in a saute pan and add bacon, onions, and garlic, and let them cook about 4 or 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are nice and translucent..
- Add the parsley and basil, and stir to coat with the oil already in the pan, then add in tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir gently a few times to evenly incorporate all ingredients, turn the heat down to medium low, and simmer, uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes while you boil the pasta. If you used whole tomatoes, use a potato masher or fork to break them down toward the end of the cooking process..
- Boil the pasta using cold water start method: http://altonbrown.com/cold-water-method-pasta-recipe/.
- Drain pasta, and spoon sauce on top, and there you have it – 20 Minute Angel Hair W. Bacon & Tomato Sauce!.