BP'S CAJUN FRIED TURKEY. Darrel Breaux of Bro's Cajun Cuisine showed us his tips for the Perfect Fried Turkeys. Darrel Breaux of Bro's Cajun Cuisine showed us his tips for the Perfect Fried Turkeys. Here's a simple Fried Turkey Recipe that should go over well with your guest.
She wrote on the recipe the basis for a good fried turkey is the rub. I must say I agree with her on this one, this is the only way we cook our turkey now. The rub and injection are a great combination–I guarantee a moist, flavorful bird. You can cook BP'S CAJUN FRIED TURKEY by using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it:
Ingredients of BP'S CAJUN FRIED TURKEY
- It’s 12 lb of turkey.
- You need 1 of peanut oil.
- It’s of marinade.
- It’s 16 oz of zesty Italian dressing.
- You need 1/4 cup of Toni Chachere's Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of hot sauce (I like Louisiana).
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
The fried turkey will look very dark brown when done. Cajun Fried Turkey is the best way of cooking a turkey I have ever tasted. The Cajun Fried Turkey is anything but greasy as the deep-frying process seals the outside and the turkey remains incredibly juicy, while the skin gets wonderfully crispy. These Cajun fried turkeys were a big hit at our festival!
BP'S CAJUN FRIED TURKEY step by step
- Completely defrost and clean turkey. Taking out inner giblets..
- Using a strainer strain Italian dressing …separating dressing and garlic and spices.
- Set aside garlic from dressing for later use. Mix the rest of the ingredients for the marinade in the now stained dressing. Mix well..
- Inject turkey with marinade. Use short and long injections and be sure to get the whole bird even remembering to flip it to get the bottom.
- Once injected cover with garlic that has been separated from dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
- Before cooking take out turkey and let sit at room temp until cool but don't let get warm. This let's the marinade redistribute throughout meat..
- While turkey is sitting heat fryer with peanut oil at 375° …enough to fully submerged but do not over flow. ..there should be a mark in fryer stating how much to use.
- Once oil is heated take turkey put it in the basket and CAREFULLY submerge into hot oil. DO NOT DROP!.
- Cook for 3 minutes per pound plus 3 minutes. ..so if your bird is 12 lbs total cooking time is 39 minutes. Once time is up carefully take out your bird let drain for 5 minutes and carefully move to pan for carving. Turkey will be extremely hot do be very careful.
- Most important step of all. ….ENJOY!.
Deep-fried turkey actually started as a Cajun dish and the first step is a delicious injection marinade. This traditional recipe is combined and then injected straight into Inject directly into the breast, leg, and thigh meat. Stir salt, herbs and peppers together. Pair these delicious turkey legs with corn on the cob and your favorite potato salad. Serve with your favorite salad dressing as a dip or sauce.