Baked Ziti Variation. You can easily customize this dish to add other flavors to the mix. Meat: You can use all ground beef or all sausage instead of a combination of beef and sausage. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses.
Layered PAM sprayed Pyrex baking dishes like so. When the baked ziti delivery from Parm arrived at the office, it clinched it for me. The aluminum-foil levee: getting creative with how many variations of ziti I can squeeze into baking trays. You can cook Baked Ziti Variation using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti Variation
- It’s 48 oz of spaghetti or tomato sauce.
- Prepare 3 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of spicy Italian sausage.
- You need 32 oz of tri color Garden Rotini Pasta.
- Prepare 32 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Extra sharp white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Monterey jack cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- It’s 16 oz of sliced mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of merlot red wine.
- You need 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 4 of eggs (whisked).
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh basil (chopped).
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rosemary (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme (chopped).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley (chopped).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 4 medium of mushrooms (minced).
- You need 1 pinch of lemon pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of White or black pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Sweet chili powder.
- Prepare 2 pinch of crushed sea salt.
Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. Because you don't have to wrestle pasta sheets or lasagna noodles or. Baked Ziti is an easy weeknight pasta dish! Tender ziti noodles, a zesty meat sauce and delicious creamy ricotta are layered in a casserole dish, topped with cheese and baked until bubbly.
Baked Ziti Variation instructions
- In small sauce pan, saute mushrooms, garlic, rosemary and thyme with olive oil. carefully add merlot. and let simmer for 20 mins..
- in large sauce pan with medium heat, add spaghetti sauce, oregano. carefully add ingredients from saute pan into sauce. let simmer for 45 mins to an hour or more depending on preference..
- brown the ground beef and spicy sausage and drain grease, then set aside..
- in large mixing bowl, add ricotta, eggs, basil, parsley, cheddar, jack, parmesan, feta and dry seasonings, with large spoon mix until blended..
- boil dry pasta for 6 minutes until al-dente or use fresh and then mix with spaghetti sauce until covered..
- preheat oven to 350.
- in 2 13×9 deep baking or casserole pans layer pasta on bottom, then layer ground beef and sausage then cover with ricotta cheese mix, then layer again with pasta topped with slices of mozzarella. do the same for both. bake in oven for 45 mins or until cheese bubbles on top or for 75 mins if you like your top layer slightly crunchy. let cool for 5 mins, dish out and enjoy with a side of garlic toast and a glass of red wine..
Baked ziti is very much like a classic lasagna casserole, however there is no layering of noodles. The ingredients are mixed together, then spooned into a small baking dish and topped with a hefty. This Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti recipe is made with a lightened-up alfredo sauce, and easy to customize with extra veggies and Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti. Ultimate Italian Baked Ziti creamy casserole with a homemade meat sauce, super EASY to make and super cheesy (three BAKED ZITI. Baked Ziti is an American classic pasta bake made with a tomato based meat sauce similar to Bolognese. "Ziti" is a type of pasta that looks like penne, except it's got a smooth surface rather than.