You can have Shrimp Scampi using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Scampi
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp any size, (peeled, deveined and tails removed).
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried hot-pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of angel-hair pasta.
- Prepare 1 of chopped parsley for garnish.
Shrimp Scampi step by step
- Bring a 6-8 quart pot of water to a boil..
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over a moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add shrimp and sauté turning over once until just cooked through, about 2 minutes and then transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl..
- Add garlic, wine, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper to remaining oil in skillet and cook over high heat stirring occasionally about 1 minute. Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, then stir in shrimp. Turn heat to low to keep warm..
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain pasta. Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture in a large bowl, adding a little bit of pasta liquid if necessary to keep moist. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve..