Garlic-Tomato Pasta With Peas.
You can cook Garlic-Tomato Pasta With Peas using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlic-Tomato Pasta With Peas
- You need 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 6 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Frozen peas, thawed.
- Prepare 10 oz of Angel hair pasta.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh basil, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Garlic-Tomato Pasta With Peas step by step
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the edges start turning golden, about one minute. Add the tomato paste to the skillet and cook, stirring, one minute. Add the red pepper flakes, then add 1 1/2 cups of the boiling water; stir to dissolve the tomato paste, simmer until reduced by half, about five minutes, Adding the Peas ispeas halfway through. Season with salt..
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until softened but not cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain. Add the pasta to the skillet along with the basil; toss over medium heat, adding more of the reserved cooking water if needed, until the pasta is al dente. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan. Top each serving with basil and the remaining Parmesan..