Chicken Scampi with Broccoli. Succulent shrimp and chicken cooked in a garlic and butter sauce paired with broccoli tossed with angel hair pasta. Perfect for anytime you're craving some restaurant-style chicken and broccoli! This quick and easy Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli Orzo is a dish the whole family will love and it's Shrimp scampi is usually swimming in butter, this lightened version is just as delicious, using only a Instead of using just water to boil the broccoli and orzo, I added chicken broth.
Scampi were most often prepared in Italy by sautéing them with olive oil, garlic and white wine. Italian immigrants in America substituted shrimp in place of the The Olive Garden restaurant's Chicken Scampi is one of their most popular menu items. Which is actually what lead me to making this dish. You can cook Chicken Scampi with Broccoli using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Scampi with Broccoli
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning spice blend.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 2 cup of broccoli tops, cut in bite size pieces, blanched in salted water until crisp, tender, 2 to 3 minutes, drained and reserved..
- It’s 1 of medium onion, sliced, I used a purple onion, but any is fine.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 of chili peppers, sliced, I used red and green.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth or homemade.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted.
- It’s 4 oz of cooked angel hair pasta.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, I used basil, parsley and chives.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
This chicken scampi recipe is golden brown chicken tenderloins with peppers and onions over pasta, all tossed in a white wine and butter sauce. I serve chicken scampi with a side of garlic knots and roasted broccoli for a complete meal. I know that everyone's heard of shrimp scampi, but have you. Swap the shrimp for chicken in this classic recipe.
Chicken Scampi with Broccoli step by step
- In a large bowl, combine, flour, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning and pepper, add salt to taste..
- Toss chicken in mixture just to dry chicken and provide a seasoned surface..
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, sear chicken pieces about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through, remove as done to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm..
- Into skillet, add onion and chilis , adding more oil if needed, soften for about 5 minutes, add garlic,and wine and bring to a boil scraping up bits in pan. When wine is almost gone add broth, cream, hot saice and lemon, boil until a light sauce forms, add broccoi and heat, turn heat to low add cheese and butter to melt. Remove from heat..
- On a platter toss pasta with some sauce, top with chicken, add remaining sauce and serve. Garnish with more parmesan cheese to taste and fresh herbs..
Most people associate scampi with shrimp and other shellfish, but guess what? This classic pasta dish works just as well with chicken. This Jacked-Up Chicken Scampi with Linguine is my fresh take on a classic Italian dish. This chicken scampi bursts with mouth-watering flavors. This chicken shrimp scampi recipe is the perfect example.