You can have Chicken Scampi using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Scampi
- Prepare of For Sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Minced onions (Dried or Fresh).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fine sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried parsley.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s of Pasta/Chicken Stuff.
- It’s 1 box of Angel Hair Pasta.
- You need 6 of Chicken tenderloins.
- You need 1 of as needed Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Flour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 large of Red bell peppers.
- It’s 1 1/2 of Red onions.
Chicken Scampi step by step
- In a medium sized sauce pan add butter, minced onion, minced garlic and sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Don't let the garlic burn!.
- Add in chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and the fried parsley. Simmer for 15 minutes on low-med heat..
- After 15 minutes of simmering is finished, add heavy cream and simmer on low, without boiling for 10 minutes..
- In a separate pot, boil the angel hair pasta according to the box directions..
- To prepare your chicken tenders, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dip in flour. Fry in skillet over medium heat with a couple tablespoons of Olive oil 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Set aside..
- Take red onions and bell peppers and cut into julienne strips, making sure to remove all seeds and the white membrane on the inside..
- In the same skillet the chicken was cooked in, add another tablespoon or so of Olive oil and sauté the red onions and bell peppers. I cook them on high until they are soft and caramelized..
- Drain pasta if not already. Add all the onions and bell peppers to the pasta, and pour your creamy garlic sauce over the pasta, onions, and bell peppers. Mix well together..
- Dish up your pasta, adding the chicken on top. I recommend to garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese..
- * I recommend you julienne your red onions and bell peppers before you start!.