Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce. Tofu – silken tofu will not work for this dish as it will literally fall apart as you stir it while cooking. Chili Bean Sauce is available in most large. Authentic Szechuan style mapo tofu is one of the branding dishes of Szechuan cuisine.
Sichuan Tofu and Ground Beef in Red Chile Sauce (Mapo Tofu). Drain and spread on paper towels to dry; set aside. Mapo Tofu is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan Province, where spicy food is king and the signature spice of the region–the Sichuan Peppercorn–gives dishes a The spicy sauce coats the soft cubes of silken tofu, tasty bits of ground pork, scallion, and Sichuan (or Szechuan) peppercorns. You can have Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce
- You need 120 g of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 pack of Tofu.
- You need 1 Tsp of Grated garlic.
- It’s of (Season beef).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Water.
- You need 1 Tsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 of &1/2 Tbs Starch.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare of (Seasonings for sauce).
- You need 200 cc of Chicken&Pork broth.
- You need 1 Tbs of Cooking sake.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2/3 Tsp of Doubanjiang (Chilli bean sauce).
- Prepare of (Flavouring oils).
- You need 1 Tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Chilli oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Canola oil.
Our version of mapo tofu is bold in flavor, with a balanced spiciness. We started with cubed soft tofu, poaching it gently in chicken broth to help the cubes stay intact in the braise. For the sauce base, we used plenty of ginger and garlic. Add in the ground meat and chop it up with your spatula as you stir-fry.
Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce step by step
- Cut a pack of silken tofu and prepare a teaspoon of grated garlic.
- Season ground beef and mix it lightly.
- Put some canola oil and Doubanjiang (Chilli bean sauce) into a pan (Strong heat). When the smell comes out add the beef, and when the meat changes colour add garlic..
- A moment later, put the all ingredients and Tofu then braise 2-3 min. Thicken the sauce with starch..
- Add 3 kinds oil for flavouring on top and wait 5 seconds with heating. It's not going to be greasy !!.
- This cooking video is 「Coozy Life Mapo tofu 」on my YouTube channel now ! Stay home but enjoy your cooking time guys !!.
Continue until meat is no longer pink (takes only a Cook only until tofu is coated and hot (not long!). Stir the cornstarch into a few tablespoons of water–just to moisten. Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐, ma po dou fu) is one of the most popular classic Sichuan dishes. It has a spicy, pungent, and appetizing flavor that goes perfectly with steamed rice. I love cooking mapo tofu for a quick lunch or dinner.