Crispy and Fluffy! Maple Melon Bread.
You can have Crispy and Fluffy! Maple Melon Bread using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy and Fluffy! Maple Melon Bread
- It’s 1 of My usual bread dough, for 1 loaf.
- It’s of Maple cookie dough.
- You need 60 grams of Margarine.
- You need 40 grams of Shortening.
- Prepare 250 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 60 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 20 ml of Maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 drops Maple oil (optional).
- It’s 1 of Granulated sugar for decorating.
Crispy and Fluffy! Maple Melon Bread step by step
- Make the maple cookie dough. Place margarine and shortening into a bowl and mix. Then add sugar and egg and mix until the mixture becomes fluffy. Add maple oil (or vanilla essence), sifted flour and mix. You can also blend all of these ingredients in a food processor..
- Shape the cookie dough into a log and let it sit in the refrigerator until the bread dough is ready..
- Make the bread dough using a bread machine up to the end of the 1st proofing. Then divide the dough into 10 equal portions and let the dough sit for 15 minutes..
- Divide the cookie dough into 40 g each, place the dough in between two sheets of plastic cling wrap and roll out to flatten..
- Place the bread dough on the flattened cookie dough. Cover about 2/3 of the bread dough with the cookie dough. At this point, if the bread dough has risen too much, press out excess air from the bread dough and shape it round again..
- Place both the cookie dough and bread dough on your palm and shape the two gently together into one ball as if covering the bread dough with the cookie dough..
- The point is to tightly wrap the bread dough..
- Stick the cookie dough part into a bowl with granulated sugar and coat its surface..
- Make slight cuts using a scraper. Make sure your scores aren't cut too deeply — you don't want to reach the ball of bread inside..
- Let the dough sit in room temperature so that the margarine will not melt. Let the dough sit for 90 minutes to 2 hours for the 2nd proofing..
- Bake in a 180℃ oven for 13 to 15 minutes and then it's ready.
- There will be more than enough cookie dough to cover your melon breads, so make small balls with the remaining cookie dough (sprinkle on the remaining granulated sugar too) and bake in a 180℃ oven for 10 minutes. Then you'll have maple cookies..