Lemon shrimp scampi. A restaurant quality meal right at home! Garlic shrimp scampi recipe is one of our favorite shrimp recipes. Try this simple and quick recipe today for a healthy meal idea!
The shrimp scampi is the showstopper so avoid competition by keeping the side simple, both in flavor and appearance. Enjoy this superbly delicious lemon garlic shrimp scampi! Succulent shrimp in the most delicious garlic butter and wine sauce drizzled with freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can have Lemon shrimp scampi using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon shrimp scampi
- You need 1/3 cup of Butter (no subs!).
- It’s 2 of Green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh minced garlic (or to taste).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated lemon peel.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice (can reduce to 1/3 cup for less lemony flavor).
- Prepare 1 of salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper (lots).
- You need 2 lb of large raw shrimp, peeled and devined.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1 of parm cheese.
- Prepare 12 oz of Angel hair pasta (or penne/bowtie/etc if you prefer bite sized noodles), cooked.
This easy and ultra-satisfying shrimp scampi recipe comes together in twenty minutes and is totally delicious! Can be used as an appetizer or main dish. It's deliciously saucy, perfectly rich and buttery and amazingly flavorful! Brighten with lemon and parsley: stir in lemon juice and parsley then toss shrimp and sauce with pasta.
Lemon shrimp scampi instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in green onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes- cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in shrimp- cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper and stir in parsley.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of parm cheese.
Indulge in the flavor of the Mediterranean with plump Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi, served over a bed of orzo. This version of shrimp scampi is loaded with garlic, parsley, butter, and lemon, and it is super easy to prepare and bake in the oven. Serve the shrimp over rice or serve them as a snack or appetizer. Shrimp scampi has to be one of the easiest ways to quickly prepare shrimp! We simply sauté the shrimp with Sprinkle the shrimp with parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper, and toss to combine.