Chickpea meatballs. These vegan chickpea meatballs are a delicious vegan alternative to regular meatballs. Full of flavor and a great addition to your vegan Italian recipes! These vegetarian chickpea meatballs flavored with garlic and parsley make a quick and easy meatless main dish that is tasty and filling.
Vegetarian meatballs with chickpeas, zucchini, carrots and cheese in an aromatic tomato bell pepper sauce. Delicious Vegetable and Chickpea Meatballs in Bell Pepper Sauce. Chickpea Meatballs/Garbanzo beans Balls Lighter option for regular meatballs! You can cook Chickpea meatballs using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea meatballs
- It’s 4 Tbls of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rolled oats.
- You need 1/3 Tbls of hemp seed (or flax seed).
- You need 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast (or Parmesan cheese).
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- It’s to taste of Fresh basil.
- Prepare to taste of Red pepper flakes.
- You need to taste of Sea salt.
- It’s to taste of White pepper.
- Prepare 1 can (15.5 oz) of chickpeas.
- You need 4 Tbls of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
I hope you get the same enjoyment and nourishment from Spaghetti Squash and Chickpea Meatballs as I have lately! Filled with quinoa, walnuts, chickpeas and a variety of dried herbs, they are. Legumes are a big player in the Mediterranean diet, often replacing meat—as they do here, where chickpeas (garbanzo beans) get blended with tahini and breadcrumbs to yield meatless "meatballs." You have to try these Vegetarian Chickpea Meatballs. They're so flavourful, even meat eaters are going to love them!
Chickpea meatballs instructions
- Sauté onion and garlic in saucepan with olive oil until slightly browned..
- When onion is finished being sautéed, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl or food processor. Process until entire mix is thick and fully chopped together..
- Add olive oil to saucepan and heat up on medium heat. Roll mixture into 1 – 1.5 inch balls. Place in heated oil and turn until browned on all sides. (Be Careful not to break them apart when you turn them as they will be a little fragile until cooking is complete).
- Serve over spaghetti or spaghetti squash with some marinara. Enjoy..
We're talking incredibly delicious and surprisingly cheap to make. Mom had her clever ways to disguise foods we did not like, including these "meatballs" made with Her reasoning was that chickpeas were just as full of protein as other more expensive foods. Vegetarians don't need to miss out on pasta with meatballs, with this no-fuss meat-free version When the chickpea balls are cooked, serve over the pasta, with the tomato sauce and the rest of the. This is what I made with the turkey and chickpea mixture that was loitering at the back of my fridge; I had to use it up today, and really fancied meatballs, so here we are! These vegan chickpea meatballs are super healthy, super flavorful, and go great with pasta, meatball subs, or as an So grab your favorite blender and have fun creating these yummy vegan meatballs!