Healthy chocolate jam brownie. These healthy brownies have it all – the luscious fudgy texture, the intense chocolate flavour and they're easy to make! Plus, they're gluten, grain and dairy free, as well as paleo. Because while these brownies might be healthy, they're also delicious and supercharged with intense chocolate flavour.
Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of gently simmering water (making sure the base of the bowl is not touching the water). Using a teaspoon, make crater-holes in the top of the brownie mixture and fill each generously with jam as it will melt and bubble down when cooked. And yes, that happened with these Healthy One-Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies too! You can cook Healthy chocolate jam brownie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy chocolate jam brownie
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raspberry jam.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark cacoa powder.
- Prepare 1 bar (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of soy milk.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 tbs of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/4 cup of milled flax seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of cinnamon.
I think I did a decent enough job cutting them, don't you? Rich, fudgy, decadent, chocolaty… Basically like squares of fudge with even more bits of chocolate sprinkled throughout. Cocoa is a great source of flavonoids and polyphenols, which aid your gut bacteria. These brownies have no refined sugar, and eggplant works brilliantly with dark chocolate.
Healthy chocolate jam brownie step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, flax, salt and cinnamon. Whisk until light and fluffy: very much the consistency of sifted powdered sugar..
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs and soy milk..
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Stir until it just comes together and fold in the chocolate chips..
- Butter a 9×13" baking pan and dust it with flour. Once sufficiently covered, pour in the brownie batter..
- Heat the jam in the microwave for about a minute until its consistency turns runny. Spoon some of the jam atop the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the batter and the jam together, taking care not to mix the two together completely..
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clear. Enjoy warm with no-sugar-added ice cream or with a cold glass of milk..
Strange as it may sound, there is eggplant in this dark chocolate brownie. Definitely don't knock it 'til you try it. These healthy double chocolate brownies are rich in chocolate and made with healthier ingredients that are good for you. Everyone will want these brownies because they are very tempting. These Healthy Greek Yogurt Brownies with Chocolate Ganache are so fudgy and delicious that no one ever suspects they're healthy!