Light Shrimp Scampi. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Cut each shrimp lengthwise in half. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Remove shrimp from skillet with a slotted spoon. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, cook garlic in butter and oil until golden. You can have Light Shrimp Scampi using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Light Shrimp Scampi
- It’s 1 box of Angel Hair Pasta.
- It’s 2 dozen of Large Shrimp.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Salt And Pepper (too taste).
- It’s 3 pinch of Tony's Checherees.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 can of Lemon Caper Sauté Simmer Sauce.
Stir in the lemon juice, Italian seasoning and shrimp; heat through. Stir in the broth, wine, lemon juice, and olives. A super quick meal that's perfect for busy weeknights. One of my favorite "fancy dinners" growing up was Shrimp Scampi.
Light Shrimp Scampi step by step
- Boil water in a large pot on stovetop.
- Wait until the water is boiling and add entire packet of angel hair pasta.
- Spray cooking spray on two skillets and heat on medium heat. Wait until there is a sizzle..
- Pour simmer sauce in one skillet an wait until there are bubbles.
- Devein the shrimp and wash.
- Salt, pepper, and season the shrimp and let the flavored marry.
- Add butter to skillet for the shrimp.
- Add shrimp flatly and brown both sides. Do not over cook.
- Add cooked shrimp into simmer sauce and let cook for 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Place soft angel hair pasta on a plate and drizzle over shrimp in simmer sauce to your liking.
- Serve with garlic bread and broccoli.
I loved shrimp pasta with hunks of crusty bread (or dinner rolls) for cleaning the plate when I was done. While most shrimp scampi recipes are made with loads of butter, this easy shrimp scampi uses only a bit of butter as the base, supplemented with olive oil to give it a healthier bent. Plus, the aromatic olive oil and garlic make this shrimp scampi extremely flavorful while staying healthy. Find easy and elegant recipes for shrimp scampi, complete with reviews, videos, and cooking tips. With a slight bold spicy flavor, it will soon be a family-favorite as it is ours.