You can cook Chocolate Mousse using 4 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse
- Prepare 1 1/4 of (to 1 1/12) bar of semi sweet baking chocolate.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- It’s 6 tablespoon of sugar.
Chocolate Mousse instructions
- Have beater plugged in and prepared, two medium size bowls, and sugar with tablespoon measurement ready. This should be prepared quickly to maintain consistency..
- Separate 6 yolks from egg whites (NO yoke in the egg whites!).
- Put butter in microwave for approximately 15-30 seconds (don’t let butter boil).
- Add all chocolate to bowl and coat in warm butter.
- Microwave for approximately 15 second intervals and stir until everything is melted (may need approx 30-45 in microwave). Don’t let boil! *continue to stir as you follow the remaining instructions.
- Beat egg whites on high/max until it looks white, grows in size, and is like thin whip cream consistency (about 2 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time- sprinkle on top while beating. Repeat 5 more times (1 tablespoon for each egg). Consistency like custard..
- Beat yolks on max until they turn a lighter yellow and takes up more volume/fluffs (1-2 minutes).
- Add chocolate (now less hot) to yolks..
- Beat just to mix (medium speed).
- Add large spoon/spatula full of egg whites to the chocolate mix, and slowly stir so you don’t ruin texture/consistency. Stir from sides/bottom around the bowl, and lightly in the center to mix. Continue until all egg whites are mixed in. DO NOT OVER MIX OR BEAT!.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or you can freeze first for 30 minutes if in a hurry (don’t let it freeze over).
- Turn upside down above your head to prove your confidence in your mousse ;).