You can cook Fettuccine Alfredo using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fettuccine Alfredo
- Prepare 16 ounces of fettuccine.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese, 2 cups and a 1/2 cup.
- It’s 2 ounces of cream cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 12 ounces of Grilled chicken or shrimp (Optional).
Fettuccine Alfredo step by step
- Cook the Fettuccine according to package directions..
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat..
- Add the finely chopped garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Do not brown..
- Stir in flour..
- Slowly add the milk and cream stirring with a whisk..
- Simmering lightly Cook 15 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or high temperature spatula..
- Add 2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and kosher salt. Stir with a wooden spoon or high temperature spatula while cheeses melt..
- Mix the sauce with the hot pasta, and add in the remaining remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan,chopped parsley and ground black pepper..
- We added 12 ounces of grilled chicken as we tossed the hot pasta in step 8 and we also have used grilled shrimp. :).