Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot. This turkey chili is both comforting and healthy. So grab you slow cooker and cozy on up. Beef chili also works well in the slow cooker.
A delicious and easy crockpot turkey chili recipe that's perfect for those nights when you want dinner ready as I've been making crockpot turkey chili for a couple of years now and absolutely love it. Just made this chili and it turned out great! I chose this recipe because it was pretty simple (not too. You can make Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot by using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you create that:
Ingredients of Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot
- You need 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- It’s 2 small of green bell pepper (or one large I only had small ones out of the garden).
- It’s 2 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1 can of Chilli beans.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans.
- You need 2 can of Tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chilli powder (I used extra spicy from a local organic bulk spice store).
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of salt for peppers.
- It’s of seasoning salt for the meat.
- Prepare 3 tsp of olive oil.
This CrockPot turkey chili recipe is just for the kiddos (or picky family members)! A kid-friendly chili with ground turkey, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes. It's super easy to make, I did it in the crock pot, but you can also simmer it on the stove. One of my best chili recipe ever.
Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot step by step
- Chop and sauté peppers in a pan in olive oil with the salt to help the peppers start to sweat and soften.
- Add ground turkey and seasoning salt. fry until meat is done.
- While the meat if frying rinse all the beans really good(yes even the chilli beans. The sauce they put in the cans usually is horrible) and toss them in a crock pot with the drained tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add in Oregano, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and mix it all up.
- When the meat is browned toss the meat and pepper mix in the pot (if you're using ground beef drain the fat if using turkey dump it all in because the meat is lean and any juice you have in the pan will be from the peppers sweating).
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or if you make it in the morning and plan on eating for dinner set it on low 6-8 hours and your done.
A wonderful crock pot three bean turkey chili that the whole family will love. Now you can have it all. You can up that with a second jalapeno or using hotter Ro-Tel. This should be good in the. Throw the turkey chili all together the night before, turn it on in the morning and come home to a wonderful aroma.