Veal Parmesan. This classic veal Parmesan recipe is one of my favorite easy recipes. The cutlets are breaded, fried, and then baked to perfection with tomato sauce and cheese. Veal parmesan is similar to milanesa.
Breaded and fried crisp, tender veal is smothered with bright tomato sauce and oozing, golden provolone and parmesan cheeses in this Italian-American classic. Chicken Parmesan (or Veal Parmesan) Go Go Go Gourmet. Veal or Chicken Parmesan is an Italian cuisine staple. You can cook Veal Parmesan using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Veal Parmesan
- You need 1 lb of Cooked angel hair pasta.
- It’s 12 oz of Your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1 lb of Thin veal cutlets( about 8).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh ground black pepper divided in thirds…1tea spoon each.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh parsley chopped fine.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan cheese powder Divided.
- It’s 1 cup of plain bread crumbs.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of vegetable shortening or oil for frying the veal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of Italian 5 cheese blend.
Veal cutlets (or chicken breasts) are lightly pan fried, then bake in the oven smothered. Enjoy this Veal Parmesan recipe — It's an Italian favorite that is sure to please. Use canned tomato sauce or make your own! Recipe for Veal Parmesan- breaded veal with marinara sauce and melted cheese.
Veal Parmesan step by step
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside (but do not drain yet)( make it Al Dente and turn off the heat).
- In mixing bowl combine breadcrumbs,half a cup of Parmesan cheese powder ,teaspoon black pepper,chopped parsley, garlic powder and salt.
- wash the Veal and dredge through the bread crumb mixture… to make sure both sides are coated well,yet still lightly… I like to press it into the Veal with my fingers.
- heat oil or shortening in large skillet( about a quarter of an inch deep) not enough to deep fry the Veal you just want to pan fry it.
- brown on each side about 5 minutes… I like mine krispy but don't overdo it because you don't want to make the veal tough.
- while the veal cooks add your sauce to a saucepan and heat until hot.
- drain the pasta and place back over heat… add butter and toss for a moment… add half a cup of parmesan cheese powder and 1/3 black pepper… toss again and remove from heat.
- place 1 quarter of the pasta on plate and top with 2 veal cutlets.
- use soup ladle to spoon sauce over cutlets and pasta.
- top with a quarter cup of Italian 5 cheese blend… and sprinkle with remaining black pepper.
- * I didn't have angel hair pasta on hand so I used regular spaghetti.
Place veal on a lightly oiled or sprayed baking sheet. Combine bread crumbs, cheese, spices and salt. I use boneless, skinless chicken breast. You can choose how thick your steak is by cutting it yourself. Then, mix the eggs with the milk on.