Creamy Shrimp Scampi.
You can have Creamy Shrimp Scampi using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Shrimp Scampi
- It’s 1 lb of raw shrimp of choice (the bigger the better).
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 clove of chopped garlic.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped bell peppers.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of green onion for garnish.
- It’s 1/2 lb of cooked pasta of choice (angel hair goes real well).
Creamy Shrimp Scampi step by step
- Rinse shrimp and lightly coat with flour.
- heat oil in a skillet on med-high heat and place lightly floured shrimp in skillet and cook until shrimp have a nice golden sear about 3 minutes.
- in a saute pan combine butter, onions, bell peppers and garlic and saute until onions are translucent then remove from heat, add wine then return to heat for 1 minute than add heavy cream until sauce is simmering. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- place pasta on plate and pour sauce around pasta and place shrimp around pasta and garnish with green onions.