Strozzapreti with speck and saffron. Strozzapreti are an elongated form of cavatelli, or hand-rolled pasta typical of the Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Marche and Umbria regions of Italy as well as in the state of San Marino. The name is also used for a baked cheese and vegetable dumpling. Although strozzapreti, which roughly means "priest strangler" or "priest choker" in Italian, are called for in this recipe, feel free to substitute another shape of Likewise, if you can't find speck, try prosciutto instead, which may be easier to find.
Great if you're scared of conflicts. Match with basically any sauce -pesto, chicory and speck Watching Chef Olivieri spin out these perfectly neat strozzapreti twirls is a treat. Strozzapreti , meaning priest choker or strangler, are an elongated form of cavatelli, slight variations of which are traditional in most of Central Italy. You can have Strozzapreti with speck and saffron using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strozzapreti with speck and saffron
- You need 500 g of strozzapreti pasta, or similar egg pasta.
- Prepare Packet of speck, about 100 g.
- You need of Small chopped onion.
- You need of Saffron.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of single cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Parmesan to serve.
Homemade strozzapreti are rarely uniform in size and shape, but that adds to their appeal. Watch this video from Pasta Grannies to see how it's done! The Best Strozzapreti Pasta Recipes on Yummly Roasted Pepper Sauce For Shrimp & Pasta, I'm Bull On Durum- Pasta With Broccoli Rabe & Guanciale, Barbara Lynch's Strozzapreti.
Strozzapreti with speck and saffron instructions
- Cook pasta according to instructions in salted water. Fry onion gently in a little oil. When softened, add speck and cook for 2-3 mins. Then add saffron and stir. Cook on low heat now for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat.
- When pasta nearly ready, add the cream and a ladle of pasta cooking water to the speck. Stir until mixed well. Drain pasta, add to sauce. Mix well.
- Serve with Parmesan :).
Strozzapreti with Tomato-Pancetta Sauce. © Beatriz Da Costa. Transfer the strozzapreti to a warmed bowl and pass the cheese separately. The dough is really simple, start with the amount of flour and add warm water gradually. How To Make Strozzapreti Step By Step. I must admit that although I love just about any well-prepared pasta dish, I am particularly fond of handmade artisan pasta shapes such as this one.