Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms. tablespoon basil, freshly chopped. bread, assorted crusty style to serve. Turning heat to medium high, add the mushrooms and continue to sauté and stir until softened. Add the salt, black pepper, cayenne, parsley and basil to mushrooms and garlic.
If you are using cherry tomatoes, squash the. These garlic basil mushrooms are usually my go to recipe for an effortless side dish when I grill/bake meat. I usually do not use basil with them, but I'm glad I tried it this time and they tasted so fresh and flavorful. You can cook Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms
- You need 1 can of whole peeled Roma tomatoes (28oz), reserve juice I prefer San Marzano tomatoes for the quality, but any will do.
- Prepare 14 of Fresh basil, torn into medium-sized pieces.
- You need 6 clove of Fresh diced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of kosher salt (add more/less to taste).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need dash of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh parsley, torn.
- Prepare 1 can of sliced mushrooms (13 oz)**you can use fresh if desired, but may need to simmer a bit longer due to their water content **.
- You need 1 box of Angel Hair pasta (or your preferred type).
I'm very excited about the product used in this recipe. Fresh Basil and Ingredients for Spaghetti Sauce Pasta with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and tomato sauce, italian food. Closeup Uncooked pasta, tomatoes and spice on wooden background, top view, close-up, shallow depth of field Meat cooking with field mushrooms outdoor on smouldering carbons. A very simple recipe to mix up plain fried mushrooms.
Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms instructions
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Cook diced garlic in oil on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove from heat..
- The fun part (lol): With clean hands, take each whole tomato from the can and crush into saucepan with your garlic. Use your fingers to make sure the tomato pieces are not too large. ** Take care, the tomatoes will "squish" out their contents ALL over if not careful :)** Add remaining tomato juice from can. Stir..
- Put garlic/tomato mixture back on heat and add water, sugar, pepper and kosher salt. Simmer for 5 mins..
- Add basil, parsley, mushrooms and red pepper flakes. Add any large stems from the basil to add flavor. Stir and simmer for another 30-35 mins on med-low heat, or until sauce cooks down to your desired thickness. Remove basil stems. Sauce is ready for the table or the freezer :).
- Cook pasta per directions and serve with sauce. **Note: I have added numerous ingredients to this simple and versatile sauce. It goes great with olives, artichokes, shrimp or zucchini added. Pair with pasta, chicken, rice…etc. I usually serve with crusty bread and lots of parmigiano cheese! Enjoy.**.
It turned out to be a very tasty sidedish that recieved more attention than the main. French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese. Recipe Ideas: The aromatic basil adds brightness to the nutty Parmesan and savory garlic to create contrast to noodle, veggie, and meat dishes. Pomodoro sauce is a basic tomato sauce that is simply made with tomatoes, olive oil, onion, garlic, a pinch of sugar, salt, pepper and basil. Their fresh, vine-ripened, Non-GMO tomatoes are picked at the peak of freshness and canned in a Non BPA/BPS lined cans in little as three hours.