Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert). Kheer is my favorite Indian dessert, but it's not a good choice for those of us who are lactose intolerant or vegan, so I created a vegan version of Kheer. If you are watching blood sugar levels, please omit raisins and use a low-GI sweetener such as coconut nectar or stevia to sweeten the pudding. Vegan Indian Desserts and Sweets Recipes.
Vegan Gluten-free Grain-free Soy-free Nut-free option This carrot pudding is is mix of gajar halwa and rice pudding. Chia Seed Pudding with vanilla is the BEST and perfect for a healthy vegan breakfast, dessert, to-go snacks & meals. It's thick, creamy and makes a perfect healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert! You can have Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert)
- It’s 500 ml of Chilled coconut milk (carton type, not canned) or soy milk.
- You need 15 of threads Saffron.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Chia seeds.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Liquid sweetener.
- You need 1 pinch of Powdered cardamom.
- You need 3 tbsp of Raw almonds (soaked in water for 8-12 hours).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Pistachios.
- You need 1 tbsp of Raisins (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shredded coconut.
Chia seed pudding is very easy to make and can range from a simple breakfast to a decadent dessert, as you'll see below. Vegan Indian Dessert, Musician's Dessert, Apple Cinnamon Orange Rice Cake Dessert. Chia pudding is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack to meal prep for the week. The process of making chia pudding is so easy!
Vegan Chia Kheer (Indian Pudding Dessert) instructions
- Warm up 2 tablespoons of coconut milk (or soy milk). Add the saffron and set aside for some time..
- Place the remaining milk, chia seeds, liquid sweetener, cardamom, and Step 1 into a bowl..
- Combine well and place into the microwave overnight or at least 4-6 hours to chill..
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir well to get rid of any lumps. Pour into individual dishes..
- Finely chop the nuts with a knife and sprinkle onto the pudding with the raisins. Top with shredded coconut..
- Add some love and gratitude, and serve!.
The first step is to stir together your chia seeds and milk in a mason jar or bowl. I've made chia pudding using so many different plant milks, but homemade coconut milk is the best by far. It has more fat than other milks, but not as much as canned full-fat coconut milk. ~ raw, vegan, gluten-free ~ What is Kheer? Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. The kheer turned out quite amazing.