Beef and cheese manicotti. Make double: Giada's beefy, cheesy manicotti doesn't leave many leftovers. Cook the manicotti in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly softened, but still very firm to the bite. Transfer the beef and cheese mixture to a piping bag or gallon size ziptop bag.
I am trying to get my fill of comfort food in while the weather is still. Make double: Giada's beefy, cheesy manicotti doesn't leave many leftovers. Cook the manicotti in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly softened, but still very firm to the bite. You can have Beef and cheese manicotti using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and cheese manicotti
- You need 4 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 (15 ounce) of container whole-milk ricotta.
- You need 14 (8 oz) of package of manicotti.
- You need 3 c of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter cut into pieces.
Meat Manicotti Recipe • Delicious Stuffed Pasta! Sausage stuffed manicotti are delicious served for dinner with garlic bread. The sausage mixture is a combination if Italian sausage, breadcrumbs, egg, and parmesan, provolone and mozzarella cheeses. This easy no-boil baked manicotti pasta dish, known as Cannelloni is stuffed with ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella and lean ground beef, then covered in sauce and cheese.
Beef and cheese manicotti instructions
- Heat a heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, onion and ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until the meat browns and the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and cool..
- Brush 1 teaspoon of oil over a large baking sheet. Cook the manicotti in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly softened, but still very firm to the bite, about 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the manicotti from the pot to the oiled baking sheet and cool..
- Meanwhile, combine the ricotta, 1 1/2 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and parsley. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper to taste, and mix. Stir the cooled meat mixture into the cheese mixture..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the marinara sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. Fill the manicotti with the cheese-meat mixture. Arrange the stuffed pasta in a single layer in the prepared dish and spoon the remaining sauce over..
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, then the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan over the stuffed pasta. Dot entire dish with the butter pieces. Bake the manicotti uncovered until heated through and the sauce bubbles on the sides of the dish, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let the manicotti stand 5 minutes and serve..
I usually make homemade crepe-style manicotti for the holidays, but it's pretty time consuming so I save it for special occasions! Spoon ½ cup of the marinara sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. Fill the manicotti with the cheese-meat mixture, and arrange the stuffed pasta in a single layer in the prepared dish. There are some recipes which are special because they taste amazing, and then there are some Pasta filled with meat and three kinds of cheese? These beef manicotti are sure to impress anyone you make them for, but they're simple enough to.