Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
You can have Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- It’s 1 medium of apple, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of steel cut oats.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of applesauce.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tbsp of flax seeds (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chia seeds (optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of crushed walnuts or almonds (optional).
- Prepare 1 of honey or maple syrup (optional).
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal instructions
- Core and slice/chop a medium apple.
- Combine apple, oats, water, applesauce, vanilla, spices, flax seeds, and chia seeds in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to medium and cook until liquid has been absorbed, stirring often.
- Note: if using a microwave, combine ingredients above in a microwave safe bowl and cook in intervals of 30 seconds on high until liquid is absorbed.
- Once liquid is absorbed, stir in milk.
- Sprinkle nuts and drizzle sweetener over top, serve warm.