You can cook Veal Piccata using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veal Piccata
- Prepare 1 pound of veal cutlets pounded thin with a jacquard.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth combined with 1 box chicken Demi-glacé.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 Tbs of capers drained and rinsed.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of cold butter.
- It’s To taste of Assorted fresh herbs chopped (I used basil, thyme, parsley, and oregano).
- You need as needed of Seasoned flour for dredging.
- You need To taste of Salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes to taste.
- Prepare As needed of Oil and butter for sautéing.
- It’s 1 of shallot or one slice of sweet onion chopped fine.
- Prepare of Too garlic cloves finely minced.
Veal Piccata step by step
- Heat oil and butter, about 2 tablespoons of each, in a large sauté pan until very hot. Add veal to pan after dredging with flour and cook on both sides until brown. Remove to a plate..
- Into the skillet the veal was cooked, add onions and salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Cook onions until soft. Then add garlic and cook for one minute. Now add white wine and cook until reduced to almost nothing. Add chicken stock and lemon and cook until reduced by half..
- Then add capers and butter and swirl until this sauce becomes creamy doing this on very low heat. Remove from heat before the butter has finished melting. Add herbs and pour over veal to serve..