Not-exactly Minestrone Soup.
You can cook Not-exactly Minestrone Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Not-exactly Minestrone Soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1 of leek, sliced.
- It’s 3 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1 of pepper, deseeded and diced.
- It’s 100 g of chestnut mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s A few of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare 400 g of tin chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 litres of vegetable stock. “Marigold” or stock cubes fine.
- Prepare Handful of dried pasta. I’ve used Trofie but otherwise break large types of pasta into pieces.
- Prepare 400 g of tin cannelloni beans, drained.
- It’s 1/4 of cabbage in strips. The core stalk has also been used, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each dried oregano and thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Not-exactly Minestrone Soup instructions
- Heat the oil in a stock pot or large saucepan. Gently fry the onion for 3 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Then stir in the tomato purée, pepper, mushrooms and the leek and continue to fry gently for another 2 minutes..
- Stir in the carrots and continue gently frying for 2 minutes or until all the vegetables are nicely softened but not browned. Add the cherry tomatoes and give it all another gentle stir..
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the stock. Gently but throughly stir, add the oregano, thyme and basil, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, put a lid on and cook for 15 minutes..
- Add the beans and the pasta, stir and continue to cook until the pasta is cooked, around 8-12 minutes..
- Stir in the cabbage and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Then season to taste and serve piping hot, with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese..