Manicotti. This has all the good stuff – ricotta, mozzarella, eggs and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and stuff this yummy stuffing into pre-cooked manicotti. Manicotti (the plural form of the Italian word manicotto), literally, "little sleeve" (< manica 'sleeve' + the diminutive ending -otto), is an Italian American form of pasta.
I've included everything you need to know about how to make Manicotti as well as how to make ahead and how to. Manicotti is a pasta noodle shaped like a tube. Manicotti is a dish of great comfort. You can have Manicotti using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Manicotti
- Prepare 12 of large manicotti shells.
- You need 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
- It’s 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried basil (6 tbsp chopped, fresh).
- It’s 26 oz of spaghetti sauce, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
It makes plenty, it's filling, it's completely family-friendly, and the leftovers are even better than the freshly made batch. This manicotti recipe is made with delicate crepes instead of dried pasta, and the result is something heavenly. There are two types of stuffed manicotti in the world. See more ideas about Manicotti, Recipes, Manicotti recipe. · Step by step photos and instructions for How to Make Manicotti – spinach and cheese stuffed manicotti.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13×9 pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions. Drain. Rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels..
- For filling, in large bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with ricotta & basil. Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture..
- Spoon 2 cups of spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella..
- Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately..
This easy Manicotti recipe is made by stuffing a lasagna noodle with a three cheese mixture, covering it in homemade sauce, and baking it in the oven. Manicotti is the Italian-American version of cannelloni. This Beef Cannelloni recipe can be used for either cannelloni OR manicotti. In Australia, I'm pretty sure I've seen manicotti in Italian grocery. Manicotti is a great dish for Christmas or Christmas Eve.