Chia Seed Blueberry Jam. The chia seeds will plump as the jam cools, thickening it considerably. This easy chia seed jam recipe is made with defrosted blueberries and raspberries (no cooking required)! Eat more nutritious berries with this healthy jam.
This Blueberry Chia Jam is delicious, easy to make, and refined sugar free. Add it to toast, smoothie bowls, oatmeal, or Chia jam is my easy and tasty alternative to store-bought varieties. I love chia jam so much, I made a Strawberry Chia Jam too so I can switch up the berry flavors every few weeks. You can have Chia Seed Blueberry Jam using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chia Seed Blueberry Jam
- You need 1 cup of blueberries.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweetener.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chia seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
This strawberry chia seed "jam" is a tasty filling for my Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares! You can use any kind of filling that you like in these oat squares. Banana slices, sunflower seed butter, and blueberry jam all sandwiched in a toasted English muffin…. I couldn't wait a second longer.
Chia Seed Blueberry Jam instructions
- Combine berries, water, and sweetener in a pan..
- Simmer until the berries begin to break down. It'll take longer than you think it should, but it'll get there..
- Stir in chia seeds and lemon juice..
- Remove from heat and let cool before putting it into your container of choice. Store in the fridge!.
This blueberry chia seed jam is a healthy treat my family can enjoy every day. I hope you give this delicious and healthy blueberry chia seed jam recipe a try! If you've been looking for a way to add chia seeds to your diet, this is a great place to start. Preparation Bring blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice. Finding low sugar options to spread on our kids toast, sandwiches, and pancakes can be a challenge.