Ricotta and orange fritters with honey. Ricotta fritters with orange and honey. Ricotta fritters with orange and honey (Sardinia). Ricotta fritters with orange and honey.
Followed by the orange strips and some of the syrup on. Combine ricotta, chocolate, sugar, liqueur, egg, egg mixture and orange rind in a bowl and mix until smooth, add flour and baking powder and mix to combine. Combine the ricotta, sugar, liqueur, egg and yolk and orange zest in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. You can cook Ricotta and orange fritters with honey using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ricotta and orange fritters with honey
- Prepare 250 grams of ricotta.
- It’s 1 of orange – zest.
- It’s 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of flour (if you use plain you need to add 1tsp baking powder).
- Prepare 1 of orange juice (to make batter the right consistency).
- Prepare 1 of oil to deep fry – I ONLY use Rice Bran Oil.
Stir in the chocolate and candied peel. Scoop the fritters out and drain briefly on paper towel. Peel all the oranges by cutting the skin and white pith away, to. You don't have to make your own ricotta for this – though it's very easy – but you do need fresh ricotta, not the UHT stuff you buy in tubs in the supermarket.
Ricotta and orange fritters with honey step by step
- Grate the zest of one orange and squeeze the juice.
- Mix ricotta, sugar, flour, egg, zest and juice of the Orange together in a bowl.
- The mix will be fairly dry so add orange juice until the mixture resembles a thick batter.
- Heat your oil and drop teaspoon full amounts of the mix into the hot oil….I use a deep fryer for mine and set the temp at 170°C so that the insides cook through. I only use RICE BRAN OIL when I am cooking as it has a high smoke point, which means it does not burn (unlike olive oil and other oils) and is NOT carcinogenic at high temps.
- When the balls are golden brown/blonde brown remove them from the oil.
- Drizzle honey over a pile of fritters and you can sprinkle icing sugar over the top….if you have some extra ricotta you can dollop some onto the fritters AND you can also serve with some candied orange zest (I didn't have any in my humble kitchen).
Each element of this is very simple but it works brilliantly together. Honey lends itself to a wide range of infusions and is perfect to drizzle over cakes, fritters, hotcakes and tarts. Top with a slice of ricotta and more orange then drizzle generously with honey. Add a small pile of roasted almonds and a dusting of icing sugar. Heat oil in a medium saucepan.