You can have Aysha Puttanesca using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aysha Puttanesca
- It’s 3 oz of anchovies in olive oil (undrained).
- You need 1 cup of kalamata olives (roughly chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of capers (drained).
- Prepare 4 cloves of Garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 2 (28 oz) of cans whole peeled tomatoes (preferably San Marzano).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 lb of Campanelle Pasta.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley (chopped).
- Prepare of Parmesan Cheese (for grating).
Aysha Puttanesca instructions
- add the anchovies, anchovy oil, olives, capers, garlic, and olive oil to a medium pot and sizzle over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, and pepper..
- Mash the tomatoes using a potato masher in the pot..
- simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, and cook the pasta to al-dente..
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and drain the rest of the pasta.
- Add the pasta back to the pot, and add the reserved pasta water. place over low heat and stir in approximately 2 cups of the sauce, and all but a tablespoon of parsley..
- Simmer to finish cooking the pasta and to thicken the sauce..
- Serve in a bowl, with an extra 1/2 cup of sauce poured on top, followed by a sprinkling of parsley and parmesan.