Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Baked Ziti Is Lasagna's Chill, Laid-Back Cousin. Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food! You can cook Baked Ziti using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- Prepare of Ziti———————-.
- Prepare 1 pound of ziti pasta.
- You need 4 quarts of water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need of Sauce——————–.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- Prepare 28 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil.
- You need 3 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped portobello mushroom.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sliced olives black ripe.
- You need 3/4 pound of smoked sausage.
- It’s 2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of Toppings———————-.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd!
Baked Ziti step by step
- Take two tablespoon extra Virgin olive oil and heat in a deep pan dice the onion and add to the oil. Add parsley, oregano, and basil. Sauté for 3 minutes along with the garlic..
- In a pot add the 2 tablespoons salt and two tablespoon extra Virgin olive oil and water bring to a boil and add pasta..
- Sauté the mushrooms, salt, sugar and tomato sauce..
- Stir in the parmesan cheese. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- Remove the casings from the sausage and slice on a bias.
- Add the sausage to the sauce..
- Drain and slice the olives.
- Add sliced olives to the sauce, and stir in. Simmer for 7 minutes..
- Add the pasta and stir in well.
- Simmer for 8 minutes, then remove from heat..
- Add the cheeses..
- Put into cold oven. And turn on when you hear it beep and is up to temperature, bake for 25 minutes..
- Let rest for 7 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe! With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish.