Baked Sausage & Pepper Supper.
You can have Baked Sausage & Pepper Supper using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Sausage & Pepper Supper
- You need 28 oz of diced tomatos.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, halved and sliced thin.
- It’s 2 of red bell pepper, sliced thin.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1/9 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 8 oz of sausage.
- You need 16 of campanelle.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozarella (4 oz).
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper, and fennel seed to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of pasta water.
Baked Sausage & Pepper Supper step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 and lightly grease 9×13 pan. Set pot of water over heat for pasta..
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and pepper and saute until tender, ~ 5 minutes..
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until just fragrant, ~ 30 seconds..
- Stir in sausage and cook breaking up chunks until no longer pink, ~ 5 minutes..
- Season with salt, pepper and fennel seed to taste. Add in tomatoes..
- Meanwhile, cook pasta w/ 1/2 tbsp salt..
- Return pasta to pot. Add in meat sauce and reserved water as needed..
- Layer half of pasta in dish and top w/ 1/2 cup of the cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients..
- Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, ~ 15 minutes..