Cheesy sausage ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked until bubbly with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and sausage, this is a ziti with a lot of flavor. With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest!
Brown the sausage and pepperoni together and drain the grease. Cook onion and green pepper and garlic, put with meat. Ricotta cheese is a traditional addition to baked ziti, but I leave it out because it has a tendency to get dry. You can have Cheesy sausage ziti using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy sausage ziti
- You need 1.5 cup of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 cup of parm.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ziti.
- It’s 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of pepper chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp Italian seasoning.
Packed with cheese, homemade sauce, and spicy Italian sausage, this great baked ziti is an easy dinner recipe the whole family will love. Cheesy Baked Ziti with Sausage and Peppers. A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe! With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest.
Cheesy sausage ziti instructions
- Remove casing Brown ground Italian sausage add onions garlic peppers cook additional 3-5 minutes on med till fragrant.
- While cooking meat boil pasta 8- 10 minutes till done.
- Drain pasta add all ingredients setting aside 1/2 cup mozzarella stir well.
- Top with reserved mozzarella bake until cheeses melted and bubbled.
Baked ziti is one of those super easy recipes the whole family will love. Ziti is cooked, then tossed with spaghetti sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. This baked ziti recipe with Italian sausage and green bell pepper is a step above the traditional with cheddar and Parmesan cheeses for extra taste. Cook ziti as directed and drain. This easy, cheesy dish uses three cheeses – ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan – to create the You can easily find it in the deli at most supermarkets.