Cranberry orange chutney (for chicken). This delicious cranberry chutney is just perfect for a holiday meal. It's made with a variety of fresh ingredients and spices. The addition of vinegar to the mixture makes this cranberry condiment a “chutney” rather than a jam or conserve.
This cranberry orange chutney is amazing served in place of cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving dinner. This cranberry-orange sauce tastes super-fresh because the cranberries are simmered briefly and sections of orange are added near the end of cooking. Make Spicy Cranberry-Orange Chutney a part of your holiday menu. You can have Cranberry orange chutney (for chicken) using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cranberry orange chutney (for chicken)
- It’s 1/2 of bag of fresh cranberries.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh rubbed sage.
- It’s 1/2 medium of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of mandarian orange juiced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of of cayenne pepper.
Red pepper jelly adds a bit of spice to this chutney, while chunky applesauce and. Combine all ingredients in large Dutch oven. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Festive Cranberry Orange Chutney made easy in the Instant Pot.
Cranberry orange chutney (for chicken) instructions
- Add all ingredients to medium sauce pan. Cook all ingredients on medium high heat until berries pop. Stir consistently until mixture becomes a sauce..
- Let sauce cool for 20-25 minutes great on baked chicken..
This cranberry orange chutney is spiced with garam masala, cayenne pepper and lots of fennel seeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds! Finally stir in the orange zest and mix. For appetizers, serve cranberry-orange chutney with sharp cheddar or mixed with cream cheese as a spread. Or enjoy it with traditional pork and poultry dishes. Instead of using two whole oranges, use a sharp knife to remove the zest from one of them.