Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Baked Ziti Is Lasagna's Chill, Laid-Back Cousin. Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food! You can have Baked Ziti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- You need 1 lb of ziti noodles.
- You need 4 C of tomato-meat sauce.
- Prepare 8 oz of spinach.
- You need 5 of roma tomatoes; thick julienne & halved.
- It’s 2 of roasted red bell peppers; thick julienne & halved.
- Prepare 2 C of mozzarella.
- You need 1/2 C of grated parmesean.
- It’s 1 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- You need 3/4 oz of basil; chiffonade.
- It’s 1/2 bundle of parsley; chiffonade.
- It’s 1 of large pinch kosher salt.
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd!
Baked Ziti instructions
- Heat tomato-meat sauce in a seperate sauce pot to a simmer..
- Boil noodles in salted water until al dente. Drain..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked noodles, 1 C mozzarella, tomatoes, pepper flakes, roasted bell peppers, spinach, parsley, and basil. Add a pinch of salt. Mix together. Transfer to a large casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese atop..
- Bake uncovered at 350° for approximately 15- 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly..
- Variations; Rosemary, thyme, sherry, balsamic, slivered or roasted garlic, fire roasted diced tomatoes, red wine, red wine vinegar, red onion, fennel, bacon, oregano, zucchini, pancetta, arugula, other colors roasted bell peppers, raw bell pepper, bacon, oregano, yellow squash, capers, celery, scallions, fennel, sopressata, salami, capicola, pastrami, ham, pepperoni, sausage, goat cheese, pecorino, ricotta, romano, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, jalapeños, paprika, chives, eggplant, leeks, pepperjack cheese, mushrooms, olives, sage, savory, shallots, tarragon, chervil, marjoram, extra virgin olive oil.
A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe! With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish.