Loaded Meaty Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. You want a substantial short pasta shape with places to hold the sauce and meat. You can assemble this ahead, and either refrigerate or freeze before you do the final.
Cosy food that's easy enough for midweek yet worthy of company. The best recipe for baked ziti casserole. Pasta and sauce baked together along with cheese, meats and other seasonings. You can have Loaded Meaty Baked Ziti using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loaded Meaty Baked Ziti
- Prepare 12 oz of box of ziti.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground mild country sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- You need 2/3 cup of diced pepperoni (optionally diced salami).
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of Bell peppers diced.
- It’s 6-8 oz of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of large can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine.
- You need 2 tablespoons of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of basil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 2 cups of mozzarella.
- Prepare 2 cups of Italian cheese blend.
Here's how to prepare baked ziti baked ziti with whole green beans dinner. Baked pasta has been around almost as long as pasta itself with the first baked pasta dishes tracking. This Baked Ziti recipe is hands down packed with amazing flavors. How to make the best baked ziti seriously just got delicious with my recipe.
Loaded Meaty Baked Ziti instructions
- While you boil water and cook your pasta, Put the onion and bell pepper into a deep skillet with olive oil, over medium heat for 3-4 min. Add mushrooms and cook until vegetables are soft.(another 3-4 min).
- Take out vegetables, put in minced garlic cook for 1 min, and brown beef and sausage in the same skillet adding the pepperoni when the beef and sausage are almost brown. Drain the grease..
- Add vegetables back to the skillet along with the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, oregano, basil, and garlic powder. Stir together and bring to a simmer. (If sauce is too thick add a little of the water from boiling the noodles, or a bit more wine.).
- Combine sauce with noodles, mix well, pour half into a large baking dish and cover with mozzarella cheese. Pour other half on top and cover with cheese blend. (I use provolone, fontina, parmesan and romano), bake for 25-30 minutes at 375° or until cheese is golden brown on top..
- Serve with grated Parmesan. This dish is even better the next day!.
A great. hen we saw the episode titled Us and Them, I knew we had to try her meaty baked ziti from the show. his recipe also uses beef and sausage. This recipe also uses beef and sausage, mine one with meat only uses beef. Try RICOTTA CHEESE instead of sour cream and skip the provolone for a real Italian version of Baked Ziti. Mix an egg into a pound of ricotta to make it nice and creamy, and toss with the ziti. Baked ziti is one of those classic Italian pastas that we have to order whenever we see it.