Turkey Lettuce Wraps.
You can make Turkey Lettuce Wraps by using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it:
Ingredients of Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- You need 3 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Minced ginger.
- You need 3 each of Chile de Arbol.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- It’s 1 can of Water chestnuts 8 oz.
- You need 1/2 cup of Hoisin sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of Cole slaw mix.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 head of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Spicy yellow mustard.
- It’s 1 packages of Splenda sugar – one packet/envelope.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Commence by heating sesame oil in pan. Add garlic, ginger and pepper and sauté until golden brown. NOTE: I added chile de Arbol to mine because I like to add a hint of spice. You can use just about any type of pepper or none..
- Add turkey to the mixture and cook until meat is no longer pink..
- While the meat is cooking, chop the water chestnuts and cilantro into small bite pieces..
- Add hoisin sauce to the meat mixture and cook for approximately 2 minutes..
- Add water chestnuts to the meat mixture and cook for another minute..
- Turn off the stove (but maintain pot in burner) then add the cole slaw mixture and cilantro..
- Mix all ingredients then remove pot from stove. By doing this, the veggies will maintain their crisp..
- Cut lettuce as shown below, in order to create lettuce cups..
- If you would like to make the spicy topping sauce: mix all of the sauce ingredients. Feel free to add more or less until you reached the desired spice. The sauce should taste like a sweet/spicy sauce. Pour on lettuce wrap and Enjoy!.