Pleasant Peppermint Meringue.
You can cook Pleasant Peppermint Meringue using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pleasant Peppermint Meringue
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- You need 6 of large egg whites.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of crushed candy canes, plus more for topping.
Pleasant Peppermint Meringue step by step
- Fill a medium saucepan with 1 to 2 inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat..
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup,egg whites, 2 tablespoons water and the salt in a heatproof bowl and set over the saucepan (do not let the bowl touch the water)..
- Whisk until the sugar dissolves and the mixture registers 165 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 8 minutes..
- Remove the bowl from the pan and beat with a mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes..
- Increase the mixer speed to high and beat until fluffy and cool, about 4 more minutes..
- Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts and beat until combined, 1 more minute..