Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Baked Ziti Is Lasagna's Chill, Laid-Back Cousin. Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food! You can have Baked Ziti using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- You need 1 box of 8oz Ziti Noodles.
- It’s 1 jar of of sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mozzarella or fresh Parmesan.
- It’s 1 packages of italian sausage links or ground beef.
- You need 1 clove of garlic or 1 half tablespoon.
- You need 1 loaf of Italian baguette or favorite bread to make garlic bread.
- It’s 2 of Roma tomatoes sliced.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd!
Baked Ziti instructions
- Boil pasta as directed and cook sausage links or ground beef.
- Add sauce, sliced sausage link, chopped garlic, parmesan salt and pepper water and mix then pour into 9"x13" greased baking pan.
- Arrange garlic bread on mixture and sprinkle mozzarella over it.
- Put olive oil in small bowl and toss tomatoes then place tomatoes on top of bread and bake on 400 for 25 minutes or until heated. Let sit for five minutes before serving.
A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe! With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish.