Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Baked Ziti Is Lasagna's Chill, Laid-Back Cousin. Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food! You can have Baked Ziti using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- You need 1 lb of dry ziti pasta.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of (26 oz) jars spaghetti sauce.
- You need 6 oz of provolone cheese, sliced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 6 oz of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd!
Baked Ziti instructions
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta and cook until all dente and drain.
- In large skillet, brown onions and found beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter 13×9 baking dish.
- Layer as follows: 1/2 cup ziti, provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe! With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish.