Cream of Mushroom Soup.
You can cook Cream of Mushroom Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 of small or 1 large shallots OR 1 small onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of assorted mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 of heaping cup flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 qt of mushroom stock or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of light cream or half and half.
- You need to taste of Salt and black and/or white pepper.
Cream of Mushroom Soup instructions
- In a soup pot melt the butter over medium-high heat..
- Add the shallots (or onion) and garlic, add a healthy pinch of kosher salt and sweat until fragrant..
- Add mushrooms, thyme and another pinch of salt. Cook the mushrooms until they let off most of the liquid..
- Add the flour and stir until the ingredients look gummy, add wine to deglaze..
- After the wine has loosened the flour add the stock or broth, season to taste and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil then simmer for 20 to 45 minutes..
- Add cream taste for seasoning then serve and enjoy..