Baked ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Baked Ziti Is Lasagna's Chill, Laid-Back Cousin. Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food! You can cook Baked ziti using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked ziti
- You need 1 box of ziti.
- Prepare 1 lb of soft mozzarella cheese (unshreaded).
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 Oz).
- Prepare 5 small of mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheeses( mozzarella or Parmesan).
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of marinara sauce.
- You need 1 lb of ground meat (cooked).
- You need 1/2 medium of onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 8 oz of ricotta.
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd!
Baked ziti instructions
- preheat oven to 350.
- cook ground meat.
- cook ziti until tender.
- chop and combine onion, mushrooms, ground meat, crushed tomatoes, garlic, and seasonings and let simmer in a small pan..
- slice mozzarella into about 16 even pieces.
- I n a 9 x 13 baking stone or dish scoop out 1/3 of simmering sauce until the bottom of the dish is lightly covered. Then apply a layer of ziti, on top of that layer the 16 slices of mozzarella. The next layer is 1/3 of marinara combination, then spread the ricotta cheese over the sauce using a rubber spatula. The final layer is ziti, the rest of the sauce combination, and then the extra plain sauce on top of that. Then you top it off with the shredded cheese..
- Cover with tin foil and place in the oven for 35 min. Remove foil and cook for another 15 min..
A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe! With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish.