Cheesy Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cheesy Baked Ziti has both sausage and pepperoni for a comforting spice flavor with cooked ziti mixed together in marina sauce layered with mozzarella cheese and baked to perfection!
With a robustly flavored homemade tomato sauce (made with Italian sausage), ricotta and melty, bubbly mozzarella cheese, this is comfort food at its finest! Three Cheese Baked Ziti that is bubbly and browned, extra creamy, extra saucy, and incredibly easy with NO RICOTTA! Cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe – Baked ziti loaded with pasta, marinara, cheese and beef that makes I love this baked ziti recipe, as well as baked ravioli, fettuccine alfredo, spaghetti bolognese and. You can have Cheesy Baked Ziti using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Baked Ziti
- You need 1 box of ziti noodles.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1 lb of spicy sausage.
- You need 1 medium of sized onion.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional – I like to spice it up!).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- You need 2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 cup of mozzerella cheese.
Add the ziti mixture and cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining mozzarella. This delicious baked ziti recipe is made with plenty of sauce and cheese. Ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan make this a hearty, satisfying casserole and, if you use a.
Cheesy Baked Ziti instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large pot add water, salt, and ziti noodles. Cook til al dente, drain and set aside. (I toss with a tsp. oil to prevent sticking).
- In skillet or medium pot, over medium heat, add sausage and onion and cook til brown then drain..
- Add garlic to sausage and onion and give a stir to soften..
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, and 1 cup water to sausage mixture. Stir until mixture is smooth..
- Add Italian seasoning, oregano, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt..
- Bring sauce to a slow boil and turn down to simmer for 5-10 minutes..
- Add fresh parsley and stir..
- In 9×11 baking dish add noodles, sauce, 2 cups parmesan cheese and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Stir all until thoroughly mixed..
- Top with 1 cup remaining mozzerella cheese..
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and serve..
Baked until bubbly with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and sausage, this is a ziti with a lot of flavor. This Cheesy Baked Ziti is one of my favorites for just that. It's quick to make, affordable, and makes plenty for leftovers – which we love. You know, some things just taste better the next day and this is. Creamy, cheesy gluten-free baked ziti has always been a family favorite around here.