Vegan waffles with warm blueberry and maple syrup compote. Vegan waffles are perfect for Sunday mornings, breakfast for dinner or any other time you get a hankering for them! Serve immediately with fresh berries, coconut whip cream, maple syrup, vegan butter and anything else you desire! Keep the waffles warm: If not serving immediately, keep the.
Vegan waffles that are gluten-free, perfectly crispy on the outside & fluffy in the middle. But here are a few of my top ideas. Combine lemon zest and blueberries or raspberries. You can have Vegan waffles with warm blueberry and maple syrup compote using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan waffles with warm blueberry and maple syrup compote
- It’s of For the waffles (makes 12):.
- It’s 3 cups of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 cups of non-dairy milk.
- It’s 1 of orange.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of For the blueberry and maple syrup compote:.
- Prepare 150 g of blueberries.
- It’s 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare of Cooking spray (we use coconut oil).
Make the waffles savory by omitting the maple syrup + vanilla and blending in greens like spinach to the batter—possibly even. Lemon blueberry (vegan + gluten-free) waffles! These little guys are a gem. I made my first batch last week and am already down to one waffle.
Vegan waffles with warm blueberry and maple syrup compote instructions
- Plug in your waffle maker and preheat. If you have the one mentioned above, turn the dial to three o'clock..
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl..
- Squeeze the orange into a jug and add the milk, oil and vanilla. Mix well..
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk together well. You're looking for a single cream consistency..
- When the preheat light goes off, spray your waffle iron with oil, and then pour over a third of the waffle mixture..
- Close the lid and clamp down. I sometimes weigh ours down with a couple of heavy jars just to be sure..
- While the waffles are cooking, put a small saucepan over a medium heat on the hob. Tip in the blueberries and maple syrup. You don't need any more liquid as the berries will burst and make a sauce of their own. Cook until bubbling and jammy..
- Carefully check how the waffles are doing. Ours usually take about five minutes to cook although this will depend on your appliance. Don't make the mistake of yanking open the lid as this can split waffles if they aren't yet cooked or if the iron wasn't adequately oiled..
- When the waffles are golden brown, carefully remove and divide between plates. Repeat two more times for the remaining 2/3 mixture..
- Pour over the blueberry and maple syrup compote..
I've been enjoying mine in the morning with extra blueberries, a little almond butter, sliced banana, and maple syrup. Perfect for breakfast served with extra blueberries and maple Serve with your favorite toppings. We topped our waffles with extra blueberries and maple syrup. Keep leftover waffles in a sealed container in the. These waffles are crisp on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside, topped with a delicious blueberry maple syrup.