Spring Carrot & Fettuccine Noodles.
You can cook Spring Carrot & Fettuccine Noodles using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spring Carrot & Fettuccine Noodles
- It’s 2 lbs of carrots.
- It’s 1 lb. of fettuccine noodles.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 pkg. of Neufchatel cheese (4 oz.).
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 tsp. of lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Spring Carrot & Fettuccine Noodles instructions
- Begin by toasting walnuts in oven at 350 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside..
- Grate your lemon zest and set aside. You will use 1 tsp. Of lemon juice from this lemon as well, so keep close by!.
- Peel off outer skins of your carrots with a potato peeler and discard..
- Using the same utensil, continue to slice off "noodles" from the carrot. Collect all into large bowl. You will be left with odds and ends of carrots. These can be saved for snacking or another use. My brother was eating them as fast as I was peeling them!.
- In a large pot, cook your fettuccine noodles, drain and set aside..
- In a separate pot, whisk together lemon zest and broth until blended. Whisk in salt and pepper. Cut cheese into chunks and add to broth..
- Once cheese begins to melt and blend, add in your carrot ribbons. Bring to a boil..
- Reduce your heat to medium low and add in the fettuccine noodles. Continue to simmer until liquid is mostly absorbed..
- Lastly, add in lemon juice and toasted walnuts. Combine thoroughly..
- We served ours as a side for Easter Supper. Enjoy!.