Balsamic Raspberry Arugula Salad – Vegan.
You can have Balsamic Raspberry Arugula Salad – Vegan using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Balsamic Raspberry Arugula Salad – Vegan
- Prepare of Balsamic Raspberry Drizzle.
- It’s 1 cup of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Raspberries.
- It’s 1 of Zest of One Lemon.
- It’s of Saute.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Vidalia (or other sweet onion) sliced.
- You need 5 large of leaves, Fresh Basil cut into strips.
- It’s of Salad.
- It’s 1 cup of Raspberries.
- You need 4 cup of Arugula.
Balsamic Raspberry Arugula Salad – Vegan instructions
- This salad is a great light meal option that features sweet and savory elements. The recipe is vegan, with an optional ingredient for those who eat meat..
- Step One: Balsamic Raspberry Drizzle. This should be prepared in advance. There will be more than is needed for this salad so you'll get to enjoy it again..
- Press 1/2 cup raspberries through a strainer collecting juice and pulp. Discard seeds..
- In a 1 quart saucepan, add balsamic vinegar, strained raspberries, lemon zest and maple syrup..
- Over low heat let simmer until volume reduced by 1/2..
- Remove from heat, transfer to container and allow to cool. Refrigerate..
- Step Two: The Saute.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and bring pan to a medium heat..
- Add onion. Stir as needed to ensure even cooking..
- Not a vegan or vegetarian? Add 1/2 cup diced pancetta as an optional ingredient with the onion when cooking..
- When the onion is transparent, but has not yet begun to carmelize, add the basil..
- Cook until the onion is well carmelized, with good brown color..
- Step Three: Assemble the Salad.
- In a large salad bowl, add Arugula..
- Introduce the saute into the salad bowl, tossing lightly..
- Add raspberries, tossing lightly again..
- Add balsamic drizzle to salad and serve..